Driving at Night, In Fog: A Little News about LOVE, LUCY

Santa Maria Novella Train Station, Florence, Italy

Yesterday I learned that Love, Lucy, my third and newest novel, is now up for pre-order at Amazon.  



This is a thrilling milestone for me, especially since the process of writing Love, Lucy was long and fraught with doubt.  Thinking back on it now, I'm reminded of that famous quote from E. L. Doctorow: "Writing is like driving at night in the fog.  You can only see as far as your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way." Except if you're like me, you spend huge portions of the trip pretty sure you've taken the wrong exit and are maybe even headed off a cliff.

I kept going because I fell in love with my main characters, Lucy and Jesse, and I couldn't imagine abandoning them. And because I loved writing about Italy, and about backpacking across Europe.    

Rome Termini Station
And because I knew there was a destination worth getting to, even if I had to take some bumpy backroads to get there. 

Stay tuned: the wonderful people at Rockstar Book Tours will be hosting a book blast early next week: Lucy herself will be guest blogging on the top ten things she loves about Italy.  

Comments

Popular Posts