A Pittsburgh Oddysey


In case you're wondering why you haven't heard from me for a while, it's because I've been road tripping again, this time to Pittsburgh to meet up with friends and converge on Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Museum for two nights of Bruce Springsteen with Joe Grushecky and the Iron City House Rockers.

A review will follow.  For today, I thought I'd just celebrate Pittsburgh, a city that fascinates me more with each visit, for its hometown pride, and for the way it's risen out of its rust-belt roots:

Glimpsed downtown

US Steel Tower

Jerry's music, a mecca for vinyl mavens
And for Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall:


....a small and lovely venue that for two recent nights served as the capitol of Springsteen nation.

Kelly, Chris, and Dan (photo by Patty Colman)

Rhonda, Patty, Diane and me

Magnus and Zeke

Comments

Popular Posts