Write poetry with me in Chile



This coming summer, if the creek don't rise and the good lord's willing, I am going to be teaching a poetry workshop in Chile through Saint Joseph's University.  This will be my first ever trip to South America and I'm already gearing up, listening to Spanish language tapes, reading Isabel Allende's memoir My Invented Country, and planning my class.

We'll read Chilean poets--and there are so many to choose from!  We'll visit Pablo Neruda's houses--all three of them.  We'll live for a month in Santiago and take a side trip to funky Valparaiso.  And we'll wander into evocative neighborhoods, write in our journals, then turn our fleeting impressions into poems to be shared, critiqued and revised.

By the way, I'm told the course will be open to undergraduates from other universities.  So if anybody would like to spend most of June and a little of July writing poetry in Chile, send me a message!



Comments

Popular Posts